Posted July 24th, 2012 at 7:59 AM Filed in: General Announcements
Over the past few years, eBay has asked you, our valued sellers, to focus on delivering the quality and service ecommerce buyers expect. As always, you’ve gone above and beyond. Your efforts are paying off in more sales—eBay Top Rated sellers continue to enjoy a faster growth rate than ecommerce overall. With this, the second release of 2012, the focus is squarely on you. These updates will help you reach more of the new generation of ecommerce buyers drawn to eBay this holiday season and beyond—and make your selling easier and more profitable.
New protections and rewards
New safeguards are coming in February to keep eBay a fair marketplace for sellers
- Buyers will be required to contact you first before opening a Buyer Protection case. You’ll then have 3 days to resolve the issue.
- The number of opened cases will no longer be used as a performance measure. Only those cases that are not found in your favor will count. This could mean an immediate positive impact on your performance rating.
Reporting buyers who violate policies or misuse the system will be faster and easier. Starting in October, a more accessible and enhanced reporting hub will make it easy for you to contact eBay directly to report buyers in violation of eBay policies.
A new Top Rated Plus seal, coming in September, will highlight listings from Top Rated sellers with 1-day handling and 14-day or longer money-back returns. It will replace the current Top Rated seller badge. Top Rated sellers will continue to receive recognition of their status on their Feedback profile page.
New ways to showcase your items, boost sales
Maximize the power of eBay Fast ‘N Free. The eBay Fast ‘N Free logo on listings is delivering a solid increase in sales over listings without it. Starting the week of September 24, you’ll be able to check your seller dashboard to see the impact of eBay Fast ‘N Free on your sales.
More selling power for your listings
- Sell more with more pictures! Now that pictures are FREE (Motors Vehicles excluded), load up! Starting in October, new listings and relistings will be required to include a picture, with additional picture requirements announced earlier this year coming in 2013.
- Item condition notes field helps you set the right expectations. Starting the week of October 22, buyers will see the important details about the condition of your used items right up front.
- Show your item location to increase buyer confidence. Enter your valid zip code and your city and state will be automatically added to your listing.
- More exposure for eBay Motors vehicle listings. Get a greater on-average boost in Best Match for listings that include an AutoCheck vehicle history report in the History Report tab.
More selling power for electronics. New way to shop for popular products coming to more categories—listing with the eBay catalog required.
Boost sales with multi-variation listings. Coming soon! A new feature will let you easily combine individual listings of different variations of an item—such as color and size—into one listing.
Ending Auction-style listings when they have a bid can lead to buyer frustration. Starting October 1, to protect the spirit and integrity of auctions, a fee will be charged for ending an Auction-style listing early after there’s been a bid.
More communication power in My eBay Messages. Starting in late September, you’ll be able to upload up to five pictures via My Messages to help close the sale. No need to share your personal email address or use a third party photo sharing service to send buyers additional photos of an item.
Category and item specifics updates. As always, changes to categories and item specifics are included with the rest of seller updates. Updates are coming in many categories and a few categories are being eliminated—find out if your listings are affected.
For additional insight, you’re also invited to talk with members of my staff on July 24 via a special discussion board we’ve set up for this purpose. Griff will also be discussing this announcement on eBay Radio on July 24, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. PST. Join me and other leaders from eBay in a Town Hall meeting on July 25, 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. PST.
As always, thank you for selling on eBay.