Posted January 24th, 2013 at 10:04 AM Filed in: General Announcements
Sellers: Important USPS® updates in effect January 27—price changes, additional FREE international insurance, more
USPS recently announced a number of changes that will go into effect January 27, 2013.
Key domestic changes include:
- Price changes for the following domestic services: Express Mail®, Priority Mail®, and Parcel Select®. Add-on services like signature confirmation will see a price change as well. Find specific details per service type here. The Shipping Calculator and eBay Labels will be updated to reflect these changes—please make sure your shipping costs reflect these new rates, as well.
- Parcel Post® will no longer be available for purchase through eBay Labels as of January 27. A replacement service akin to Parcel Post will be available via eBay Labels in March. Learn more about this change, and eBay’s recommendations on how to manage it.
Key international changes include:
- USPS is introducing a new Delivery Confirmation™ service—Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation® International (E-USPS DELCON INTL™)—that will be included at no charge to select locations. Upon launch, this service will be offered on the following services to Canada (with more countries to come):
- All First-Class Package International Service™ items (replacing First-Class Mail International®—see below)
- Select Priority Mail International® Flat Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Priced Boxes
E-USPS DELCON INTL™ will be available through eBay Labels for qualifying shipments as of January 27. And as with other delivery confirmation services, E-USPS DELCON INTL™ information will be automatically uploaded to My eBay and emailed to your buyer.
- On January 27, what was formerly “First-Class Mail International® packages and rolls” will be identified as a new service—First-Class Package International Service™. This service is similar to First-Class Mail International package service and will be available via the eBay selling flows and the Shipping Calculator as of January 27, and available for purchase—by name—via eBay Labels in March. Sellers who wish to purchase this service via eBay Labels prior to the March update can do so by selecting “First- Class Mail Intl/First Class Package Intl Service” in the label flow. When a purchased label is printed, it will display the new First-Class Package International Service information, so rest assured that it will be processed appropriately.
- Express Mail International® shipments now include—for no additional fee—Express Mail International merchandise insurance of $200—that’s a $100 increase in coverage, free of cost to you!
Review the full list of recently announced changes to see how they might affect your selling.