Posted March 19th, 2013 at 8:00 AM Filed in: General Announcements
Congratulations! As an eBay seller, you’re in prime position to reach the growing millions of global buyers coming now to the world’s largest marketplace—looking for just what you’re selling. Updates coming this spring can help you cash in, starting with new everyday fee plans that virtually eliminate the basic upfront cost of selling for all sellers*. This is the first of two seller updates for 2013.
New everyday simplified rate plans—pick the one that’s right for you
- Free listings with eBay Stores: Starting May 1, get up to 2,500 FREE listings* per month with your eBay Stores subscription. Final value fees will be simplified to 5 competitive category-based rates as low as 4% (and never more than 9%)—regardless of how you sell. Get complete details.
- More flexibility with standard fees (no Stores subscription): Starting April 16, your 50 free listings* per month can be listed Auction-style or fixed price. Pay just one flat 10% final value fee—only when your item sells. Get complete details.
New seller protections
- Reducing the impact of unpaid items: Over the coming months, to reduce the occurrence of unpaid items, eligible fixed price, Best Offer and Buy It Now items will continue to be available for sale until a buyer commits and/or pays. If you do get an unpaid item, you can file a case as early as two days after the item sold.
- Buyer feedback on a transaction with an eBay Buyer Protection case will be removed when the case is found in your favor.
Other updates to boost your efficiency and sales
- Business policies: In June, all sellers will be automatically opted in to the easy way to define your shipping, return, and payment policies. Next year this will be the way to define your policies, so get started now!
- Picture quality: High quality pictures are key to getting your items sold, and your listings optimized for both mobile buyers and the new personalized home page. Picture quality requirements announced last year will be enforced starting in July—be sure your pictures comply.
- Same day handling: If you routinely ship the same day you get the order, starting in late May, you’ll be able to specify same business day handling to highlight this benefit to buyers.
- Category updates: As with previous updates, some categories have been updated to keep them up-to-date with evolving shopping experiences and to help interested buyers find your items. Category updates may also impact your fees. Check the updates coming in April and May to see if your categories are affected.
- Read a special message from Christopher Payne, Senior Vice President of eBay North America.
- See the Seller Checklist for a timeline of actions needed.
- Use the Fee Illustrator to determine the right fee plan based on your sales.
- Use bulk editing tools to update your listings quickly and easily.
- Learn more from other sellers and eBay staff during the next two days on a special discussion board we’ve set up for this purpose, and join me and other leaders from eBay in a Town Hall meeting on March 20 from 3:30-5:00 pm PT.
As always, thank you for selling on eBay.
* Pay no insertion fees for your allotted free listings per calendar month. Optional fees, including advanced listing upgrades and supplemental service fees, still apply. Motors Vehicles, Real Estate, Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment and Commercial Printing Presses are excluded. 12 free pictures does not apply to Motors Vehicles listings. Terms are subject to change. Learn more.
Share This: Tagged: 2013 Spring Seller Update, Business policies, Christopher Payne, eBay Buyer Protection, eBay Seller Protection, Everyday simplified rate plans, Final Value Fees, Free listings*, Michael Jones, Sellers