Posted May 3rd, 2013 at 3:04 PM Filed in: General Announcements
Spring Seller Update reminder: New seller protections start this month, new categories and item specifics now available
Updates to protect your feedback and help reduce unpaid items, and updates to categories and item specifics, announced in March as part of the Spring Seller Update, take effect this month:
Feedback removed for cases found in your favor
As of May 1, for transactions in which an eBay Buyer Protection case is resolved by eBay in your favor, buyer feedback and related detailed seller ratings will be removed promptly and won’t count towards your seller performance rating.
Steps to reduce unpaid items and keep your inventory available
- Starting mid-May, many fixed price items and auction-style items purchased with Buy It Now will continue to be available for sale until a buyer pays.
Take action:If you offer shipping discounts to buyers purchasing multiple items using eBay’s shipping discounts tool, be sure your listing description instructs buyers to add eligible items to their eBay Shopping Cart. The discount will automatically be applied to the order total.If you offer combined shipping discounts but don’t use eBay’s tool to define the rules, be sure your listing instructs buyers to add the items they want to their Shopping Cart and request a new invoice that reflects the revised shipping cost by clicking the Request Total button.
- Also starting mid-May, when you accept a Best Offer in the Art, Jewelry & Watches, and Computers/Tablets & Networking categories, your items will be available for sale until the buyer commits to buy, and in most cases pays.
Take action: Since the Best Offer transaction is not completed until the buyer commits (or pays), you can start accepting multiple offers to increase your chances of selling the item. Consider setting up automatic responses to accept or decline offers automatically depending on the price limits you set.
- Now, in the event that you do have an unpaid item, you can file a case as early as 2 days after a transaction ends and payment is not received—either manually in the Resolution Center or by choosing the 2-day option with Unpaid Item Assistant.
New categories now available—update your listings with new item specifics
Updates will affect the following categories:
- Business & Industrial
- Coins & Paper Money
- Consumer Electronics
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Health & Beauty
- Home & Garden
- Jewelry & Watches
- eBay Motors
- Pet Supplies
- Sporting Goods
- Sports Memorabilia, Cards & Fan Shop
- Toys & Hobbies
- Video Games & Consoles
Take action: Make sure your items have been moved to the right category—and to update your listings with new item specifics to optimize their search visibility. Also with these updates, your listings may have been moved to new categories, which could result in an increase or decrease in fees—check our fee chart to see how your fees may be affected.
For help updating and using item specifics in your listings, just look for listing improvement recommendations on the summary page of Selling Manager or Selling Manager Pro.