Posted November 25th, 2015 at 3:01 PM Filed in: General Announcements
Sellers: Recent site difficulties have been resolved. Your status won’t be affected, and fees will be credited.
We know that a number of sellers were impacted by Wednesday’s site issue, and we want to both apologize for this unanticipated interruption in service and let you know that affected sellers will be protected—no action required on your part.
These difficulties—which are now resolved—occurred as a result of a public internet domain change that had an unanticipated impact on processing inside the eBay platform. We are now diligently working to make things right for sellers impacted by this issue, as follows:
- We will automatically credit all associated fees for listings that were scheduled to end between 5:20AM PT and 10:45AM PT on Wednesday, November 25. These fee credits will apply to:
- Auction-style listings that ended within this window of time (except those that sold for a Buy It Now price).
- Fixed price listings that ended within this window of time without a sale (with the exception of 30-day and Good ‘Til Cancelled listings).
Credits will be applied to your account and reflected on your next invoice.
- Any transaction defects we can identify as resulting from this event will be removed and will not impact your performance record, as follows:
- ‘Item Not Received’ Money Back Guarantee cases that we determine are the result of this situation will not count towards your seller performance rating.
- Any transaction you cancel because of this event will not impact your seller performance rating.
- Top Rated Sellers: If, as a result of this issue, you were unable to upload tracking information to eBay within your stated handling time, your Top Rated status and Top Rated Plus discounts will be protected.
We sincerely apologize for this disruption, as we understand how much any interruption can impact your business, especially during the busy holiday season.
As always, thank you for being a part of the eBay community.
Senior Vice President
Global Customer Experience