Posted January 7th, 2016 at 2:30 PM Filed in: General Announcements
Add product identifiers to non-compliant listings and get a 2.5¢ credit on promoted listings ad fees for each listing you update in January
As promised, we want to remind you that, starting the week of February 29, product identifiers will be required to list or relist in a number of additional categories. If you’re a seller who lists in these categories, we encourage you to find out if your listings are missing these identifiers—and add them to your listings now, before the requirement takes effect.
Remember, product identifiers will be required on all new and Good ‘Til Cancelled listings of new and manufacturer-refurbished items in the following categories—and will apply to both single and multi-variation (also known as multi-SKU) items.
There are significant advantages to adding product identifiers to your listings as soon as possible—before the requirement takes effect the week of February 29—including:
- Better exposure. In general, sellers who add product identifiers to their listings benefit from better visibility in search results—both on eBay and in search engines like Google and Bing.
- Increased chance of selling. If your item is listed in the eBay catalog and has associated product reviews, those reviews get added to your listing automatically—and can turn interested shoppers into confirmed buyers.
- Greater visibility in promotions. Adding product identifiers now gives you a better chance of being included in programs such as marketing emails, merchandising, and special promotions.
Examples of opportunities for increased visibility when you include product identifiers:
Here’s how to start taking advantage of these benefits right away:
- First, use My eBay or the bulk listing and editing tool to find out which of your listings are missing product identifiers
- Then, update your affected listings using your preferred listing tool
- Use your earned promoted listings credits to showcase your items on eBay
- And don’t forget to include product identifiers every time you list
Limited time offer details:
Promoted listings is an advertising program that can give your items more visibility and increase the likelihood of a sale by putting your best merchandise in front of buyers who are actively searching and shopping.
Promoted listings allows you to:
- Get your inventory noticed
- Pay only when your item sells
- Determine your ad rate
Only non-compliant Good ‘Til Cancelled listings that existed prior to the promotion start date qualify. The 2.5¢ credits per listing you earn may be applied to promoted listings ad fee charges incurred through April 30. This special offer is available now through January 31—so update your listings and start earning credits now. Learn more.
We wish you great success in 2016. And, as always, thanks for selling on eBay.